Friday, September 26, 2008

My little man

Well he's not so little anymore. He's 9 1/2 years old now! I can't believe in six short months he'll be 10. WOW. Where did the time go? Feels like yesterday I just brought him home from the hospital,now he's in 4th grade.
Maybe thats why I started to have a passion for photography,just realizing how fast time flies made me want to preserve every memory I could.

He wasn't very willing to cater to my obsession last night,but I drug him along anyway. I really have been wanting to work on composition,lighting and getting the coloring right and working on anything other than a person just doesn't cut it! Plus it's been a long time since I took him out and took nice photos of him. It was a gorgeous evening and it's ridiculous not to take advantage of the beautiful pictures you can get living where we do..I'm happy with how most turned out. There are a few that are a little 'warm' and I have some color casts on a couple ,otherwise I was happy! I still have a LOT to learn though..slowly but surely right?lol

Tanner use to love to get his picture taken,he's say "Mom,takea picture of me!" everytime he was doing something funny or cute..now? He gives me goofy smiles or dirty looks when I want his picture. Plus it doesn't help he's at that akward stage where he's still pretty skinny and all teeth,so that doesn't help trying to get a decent picture. It's usually him giving me some goofy smile and all you see is TEETH!






Can you tell he's wanting me to be done? lol The bugs were swarming around him and he wanted to get up from this spot.lol










This is probably one of my favorites from last night :)



another of my favorites!


I LOVE this little building but I got a bad color cast from it and the sun wasn't hitting it like I'd liked but I didn't have much choice,didn't have much daylight left.lol







Have to thrown in some 'extras' too!





This the ending of our night :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terra, you got some wonderful pictures of Tanner! Even if he is at an 'awkward' stage, he is still a very handsome young man. I treasure the pictures I have of my boys at his age, so you will be very thankful that you "made" him go with you to take these. Thanks for sharing them! (o:

Jaime

Brandy said...

Wow, those are some awesome pics of Tanner!! I love how you took advantage of your area for your backgrounds!!