Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Home sweet home

We made it back! It was a short but sweet trip. Ok the 6hr drive wasn't so sweet with a one year old but she didn't do too bad. She slept almost halfway there and whined the other half.lol She did sleep great while we were there,I was shocked! she'd never stayed overnight anywhere but home so I was worried,thankfully she is a pretty go-with-flow type of kid,makes things so much easier.

Friday we went to the St. Louis Zoo. My brother had to work so it was Paul,Tanner,Emma,my niece and SIL. It was a gorgeous day and let me tell you the girls were angels! They did SO well,rode in their strollers so well and just went along with everything. It was a long day but they were troopers! I got some good shots of them at the zoo. I am mad at myself for not just keep the camera in auto mode though. There were too many light changes and I had to move so fast that sometimes I forgot to put the settings where they should have been and I have a few that are overexposed since I had the ISO set for when we were in the shade,I'm so irritated! They are still good pics but I suppose after reading and trying to learn photography I tend to overanalyze a lot of pictures..oh well,at least I preserved the memories right?!

Here they are!


Goofball Tanner hanging out at the lake that is behind my brothers house.




Tanner was obsessed with fishing while he was there,unfortunately it was rainy off and on so he didn't get to fish as much as he'd liked.


This is probably my favorite picture of the whole weekend. Emmas face isn't in the greatest focus because it was getting dark and I didn't use the flash but I LOVE the sweet moment between her and her daddy :)



My niece,Kylie,who is just 7 weeks younger than Emma. It was a hoot seeing them play and getting to know each other!


Here was our first stop at the zoo,ducks! This duck was *Gorgeous!* It took me awhile adjusting my settings before capturing a couple good pictures,the colors on him were so vibrant!












Heres one of my overexposed ones..makes me so mad!


Theres pictures were some of my favorites too. Emma was loving this drinking fountain. I had the ISO set too high again since we'd just come out of the shade,I was so irritated but they still turned out ok.




Another daddy and daughter moment I LOVE!


My niece wasn't as sure about the fountain,it was funny.lol






Watching the sea lions




This butterfuly was gorgeous! I had a very hard time getting a decent shot,he wouldn't keep his wings still,this was the best I could do.




Not easy trying to keep two 1yr olds still.lol










At one point the girls started to hold hands,it was adorable! They hadn't hardly paid much attention to each other until this point.




The 4 of us,not focused or exposed the best but better than nothing I guess.lol

Overall it was a nice visit and hope to do it again next year when Emma is a little older and rides easier in the car. It was good to be back home though and in my own bed!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Wow, you took some great pics Terra. I enjoyed viewing them.