Sunday, November 2, 2008

On a Mission

Since our weather has been gorgeous lately I thought I'd take advantage. I took the kids to the lake by Topeka yesterday evening to try and get a christmas card photo. I think I know which one I'm going to pick,it turned out so well! (all except the overexposed lake in the background) lol oh well..maybe once I can get a speedlight that will change,that is a ways off yet..

I took over 300,deleted about half of those and out of those I will share my favorite 24,so bear with me! LOL I think the exposure and lighting is finally starting to "click" with me,plus it helps I stopped using my zoom. It just isn't the quality lens that my 50mm is. I captured some wonderful moments between Tanner and Emma. Ones that totally define their relationship,I'm so happy I got those. I got some GREAT photos of Tanner..the exposure and lighting is spot on,first time I can actually say I'm 100% happy with a picture! LOL I was in such a rut there for awhile. Feeling like the pictures just weren't turning out how I wanted them too and I was getting frustrated and stopped taking very many for awhile..now I feel like I'm slowly getting out of that rut and feeling better about my improvements. Now if I could just get a REALLY nice zoom (like the 18-200) I'd be happy but I can't spend that kind of money right now,wahhhh. Oh well!

Of course there were quite a few people at the lake. This part of the lake has TONS of flowers and bushes and littl creeks. It's beautiful so wedding partys,seniors,families,etc are all there getting their pictures taken. It's sometimes hard to find a good spot that someone isn't already using.

I will stop rambling..here they are!!


thats Tanner down on that bench. I don't care that I can see cars and people on the other side of the lake there but I like the whole scene with the bench,shrub and huge old tree overhanging it all..it could be a gorgeous photo with the right background! LOL






This is one of my favorite pictures. There is just something so innocent and childlike in it,plus it just totally captures how Emma is with her Tanner. Wherever he goes,she wants to go and she's always trailing behind him. I love it :)




Bokeh!!

loooove this one. Totally captures how much he loves her and how much she trusts him :)


Not the best comp but I liked all the green grass :)


this is one of my favorites of Tanner last night..see ,I'm finally getting exposure! lol I think before I was too afraid of making my pictures too 'light' so I walked on the safe side..now I've realized I can make them light without overexposing them..it's like a lightbulb went off!






This was one of the pics I thought about using but I don't like how Tanner is sitting and looks crooked so it throws the whole photo off..otherwise I like it! lol









My favorite picture of him by far!! He's two big teeth are showing a little otherwise I'm in love with this one :)




other than the crooked ground (gosh I'm finding somethign wrong them all huh? LOL) I like this one a lot..it just captures something so fun and the lighting on the other side of him is so pretty!



This was Tanners idea for a picture lol


I snapped this one as we were headed to our vehicle. Isn't this area so pretty??



Now for the one I will use for our christmas cards!


Is it not perfect??? LOVE this one! I won't say anything negative about it even if I'm thinking it ;) LOL

Today is suppose to be another gorgeous day but with more wind so I'm glad I went last night!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Terra, All wonderful pictures! Make your card with more than one pic on it. I love the one of Emma chasing Tanner, and the one of him holding her up.. What a wonderful place for pictures!

Brandy said...

You are right, very gorgeous area. So many beautiful colors! I'm loving all of your pics! I love your Christmas card pic.

Anonymous said...

My fave pic is actually the one of Tanner buried under the leaves. I think Angela's suggestion, make one of those cards with like 3 pictures on it kwim

Anonymous said...

& my suggestion is the pic where Tanner is catching Emma & the one with Emma sitting on his back, you can tell they are having a GREAT time together kwim they make you smile :-) Oh & what is that thing Emma is holding???