Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More of little Jacob!

I couldn't get enough of this little guy! We got so many great ones,I am so pleased with how this session went. After the last couple sessions I feel like I'm finally making some real progress in my abilities and also my editing. HUGE step for me! I shared these on facebook and immediately had 5 people wanting their pictures taken! lol I'm so glad others see the hard work I've put into this and continue to put into it. The rate things are moving I have a feeling I will be business before I planned on..only to cover the cost of all my time,editing and costs! wow the costs! Just got a new computer,photoshop (eeekkkk talk about some bucks!) and calibration software. I wanted to wait to upgrade my camera and get a nice L lens before charging but I may have to throw that idea out of the window I don't know. I cant afford to upgrade until I get some cash flow of some sort and I can't continue to do free sessions for years to come until I can afford to get that upgrade. It's a very tough decesion and going into business is a lot of work! I don't want to deal w/ the paperwork,ins and taxes to be honest but there is no way around it. I'm hoping to start charging something by this next fall. The plan is to waive all session fee costs until my business is on solid ground and my portfolio is nice and full. I would only be charging for prints but at least it would be something. I have to have something before long or I'm going to be in the poor house!! lol I do love it but man it's a lot of $$ to get started up..along with purchasing a website,logo,business cards,etc etc the list goes on and on and I don't even have a lot of the studio stuff I want yet..eeekkk! I have many practice sessions lined up but I feel like my ability is getting to the point I probably should charge but won't until several months down the road. Just don't feel comfortable doing that yet and I want to do this the right way! My goal is to reach people not just in the Topeka area but the Lawrence and Kansas city area as well..I think there is a lot of need for custom..on-location photographers and I'm hoping to feel that need!

Ok here are the photos I promised..like I said he was a doll and the mom is IN LOVE with them..she gave me the greatest compliment ever and I was on cloud 9 all day long after hearing it!! Worth every penny and hour I put into this!!

chillin

Blue is for Boy

sweetie



Big blue eyes

Happy boy

{yawn}

Now to just get onto that beautiful girls pictures..which I really need to get done! I have a 3mo old shoot on thursday,don't want to get too behind. My new computer should help with that ;)

No comments: