Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Neglected

My poor blog. I'm completely neglected it for a couple months now. I've been so busy trying to improve with photography,posting on photography boards,researching,practicing and editing pictures my blog got put on the backburner.

I think I finally 'got' skintones and sharpening and sizing and a whole slew of photography techniques that I was clueless on a couple months back. It AMAZES me the improvment and knowledge you can gain in such a short amount of time! I have a million goals and will never stop learning,in fact it's a bit overwhelming all the things you can learn and do when it comes to photography..it's easy to go a bit nuts..which I have!

I've gotten a background stand,about 6 rolls of seamless paper (got frustrated not being able to go outside and take pics!),a bunch of props like little stools,fabric,hats,etc..so fun! I've done several practice photo sessions..thanks to my willing friends and I have several more coming up..not counting the ones that haven't even scheduled one! whew! Talk about exciting,nervewracking and overwhelming..somedays I allow myself to believe that maybe one day I will make money at this that I can truly call myself a PRO! Honestly the thought is so surreal it's hard to believe it will ever happen but I have hope! That says a lot about me..I don't have hope within myself very often..I'm a very positive and optimistic person but confidence in myself is very lacking..I assume I"ll fail or never be "good enough" when it comes to trying to achieve something. I've had several moments within this journey where I assume I won't get to where I want to be. Thankfully the "hopeful" moments come more often. I am dedicated to this,I believe in this and it's a drive and passion like i've never had before..I can GUARANTEE it's not a "passing thought" or feeling..it's real,it's who I am and it's who I've been for a long long time..just never really went forward with it..never pushed myself. I guess I got to a place in my life where I got tired of holding myself back so I moved forward and took the plunge and got serious with photography..really serious. To the point that I spend hours and hours a week(no exaggeration) studying,taking pictures,reading..anything I can to get better and learn more about photography..it's been such a fullfilling and rewarding journey already..I can't even begin to imagine where it will lead me..I'm thinking a pretty darn good place :)

Just a few recents and I hope to keep up after this!

Tanner5
Avery3
1
9
10
February warmth in Kansas!
Not a great picture but the best I can get anymore!
Cutie
One of my favorites!
Such a character!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Terra. Your photos are beautiful. Wish you posted more with us, but I can see your passion :-)

Brandy said...

I saw all of your latest pics on flicker. Very nice!!!

Danielle said...

You are doing SUCH a good job. I am very proud of you!!!