Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy Busy!

This time of year is obviously very busy (for everyone I'm sure!) ,just seems I have a million things on my plate (and mind) right now and I hate to feel so pressured. This week me and another girl are planning the Once a month cooking group for this coming Saturday. The 'main' girl has finals for college and is swamped so she was unable to do most of the planning. So we have to find time to figure up the cost (like by tomorrow) and go shopping for 10+ people by Thursday and cook meat for about 7 meals before making the meals on Saturday. On top of that I need to finish Christmas shopping and find time to decorate the tree and the house for Christmas. I have a ton of other small things throughout the week to do too but I have a feeling I'll be rushing here and there with the cooking group! THEN This weekend Tanner is staying overnight with his cousin on Friday for his birthday,I have the cooking group saturday morning but Tanner has to picked up by 11 or so (it will be dads duty that morning!) than we are going swimming with the boy scouts at 3. Thankfully I think Sunday is pretty clear,not sure yet. Next week I have to try to plan and shop and cook for a Christmas party WE are hosting at our house for my husbands coworkers,argh! WHY do I agree to this stuff? That same weekend we have a christmas get together with my MIL and SIL for a gift exchange and I need to bring food to it too. :::whew::::: I know it doesn't seem like TON but it's things that take so much planning and thats the worst part! Then of course we have two family get togethers we are going too on Christmas eve,one on Christmas day and another Christmas party on the 27th..it's going to have drinks though and at that point I'm going to NEED a drink! LOL I really do like the holidays but it can be a tad overwhelming...oh and I have to try and get some sugar cookies baked at some point because I'm taking Emma over to a friends where a few of us are going to decorate cookies with the kids. I'd feel better if I had all my shopping done ,heck nothing is even wrapped! That takes long enough in itself esp. while I have a destructive 16mo old on my hands.LOL

Somehow it will all work out though..January should be a bit slower but already things are starting to fill in on the calender. Well two things should be fun. A couples passion party on the 17th and a scrapbooking weekend...yeah!

One good thing I'm looking forward to this week is MOPS..ahhhhhhhh. I love MOPS! Two hours of mom talk UNITERRUPTED! woohoo! Thank goodness for small things :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday planned..I can't wait to see the kids faces when they see all their presents,thats the best part. I'm sure Emma will love tearing into hers!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Oh my gosh. You weren't kidding about being busy.